We are pleased to announce the amount raised from the 2012 Ride of Honour.
The total amount raised so far is £7405.60 with a few donations still trickling in we hope to break the £7500 mark before we are finished!.
We can confirm that we had 607 bikes register and pay for the ride (including the few that registered on the day)
The Breakdown of Funds is as follows:
Total Income: Bike registrations, Merchandise Sales, Sponsorship and donations =£10,970.50
Total Expenditure: T-Shirts, Tags, Merchandise, Insurance, First Aid Cover, P&P, Printing & Promotional Material = £3564.90
Net funds to be distributed to the armed forces charities = £7405.60
This is a fantastic amount and thank you to each and every one of you that supported and contributed to the Ride of Honour.
A breakdown of how the funds are being allocated will follow in the next couple of days.
The Ride of Honour organising team would like to say a very big thank you to everyone that took part in the Ride of Honour yesterday, despite the typical British weather, you all did a fantastic job to show your support for the brave men and women of our armed forces.
Keep an eye on this page as we release more information about the ride and what we raised, but for now please join us in thanking those that made the day possible.
- Catterick Garrison and Marne Barracks for hosting us.
- The Soldiers who gave their time to help man the gate and attend the event.
- The Mercian Regiment for providing the catering.
- Garrison FM for providing music.
- Squires Biker Cafe for their support.
- Washington Services for allowing the use of their truck stop.
- The Sun Inn for their support.
- Mr Pearman for allowing us to use his car park opposite the Racecourse.
- All the sponsors of the Ride of Honour.
- All the marshals for their assistance, from all three rides.
- All those who volunteered their time to help assist in making the day a success, there are too many to mention here, but you all know who you are and know that your help is very much appreciated.
- Finally a tremendous thanks to all you bikers & pillions, who came on the ride and supported this event.
We hope you all had an enjoyable day and look forward to seeing you again in 2013!.
If any of you took photos on the day and would like to share them on the Ride of Honour website you are more than welcome to leave a comment with a link to an online album others can use view you photos, or you can email them directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to create an album and give full credit for any photos sent.